Sausage and Plantains

I learned about this dish from one of my veterinary school friends, Christina.  She brought it as lunch one day and all the rest on the rotation smelled how amazing it smelled and had to know what it was.  Sausage and plantains!  It is a very popular Central American or Caribbean dish.  I even had the girl checking me out at the grocery store tell me her grandma makes the same thing when she saw I was buying plantains.  It certainly a super easy weeknight meal, as it takes about 10 miinutes and involves two ingredients.

If you use yellow plantains, they will taste more like potatoes when cooked.  The more ripe the plantains, the more sweet they will be.

Sausage and Plantains
Serves 2
Ingredients
  • 3 plantains, sliced at a bias
  • 3-4 links of sausage, any variety of choice, sliced at a bias
  • 1 tbs. coconut oil
Directions
  1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat
  2. Add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
  3. Add in plantains and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs