Best Ever Cheesecake

Just in time for Valentine's Day!

Reid calls this "the amazingly good cheesecake".  It is really good.  I don't think I could over express how freaking delicious this cheesecake is.  I have given this recipe to one friend in vet school and she also gets comments on how delicious this cheesecake is.  I recently made this for work because a whole slew of us had birthdays at the end of January/beginning of February.  One of my receptionist requested it for her birthday in September, too.  Reid also requested it for his birthday, coming up next week.  This cake is Reid's absolute favorite cake.  So in summary, everyone freaking loves this cheesecake.  It is amazingly smooth and fluffy and delicious all at the same time. It would be great for Valentine's Day. 

This recipe comes from my aunt Co Be's friend Art, who went to culinary school for fun.  He had catered a few of our family reunions and we all had to have this recipe.  I think Co Be was the first one to get her hands on the recipe and then it passed through our family.  The greatest thing about this cheesecake recipe, besides it's absolute deliciousness, is that you don't have to use a water bath.  Those are a pain!  The hardest thing about this recipe is that you're supposed to  beat the mixture for 30 minutes.  This ensures the nice, creamy, smooth texture.  I have a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer, so beating for 30 minutes usually does not bother me, but I have cut the beating time down to ~10 minutes before I had one and used a hand mixer.

It's a classic New York cheesecake.  It can be changed into any other type of cheesecake, which my friend has done, but I honestly think it's so good I've never had to change it.  My mom tops the cake with blueberries and raspberries, which makes it look even more scrumptious.  

Deluxe Cheese Cake
Ingredients: 
Crust
  • 1 3/4 c. graham crackers (crushed until there are no big pieces left) ~17 crackers.  Use a food processor or smash in a plastic bag
  • 1/3 c. melted butter
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  1. Mix together and press into bottom of a 9" spring form pan.  I find that using the bottom of a flat measuring cup or large flat bottomed cup is helpful.
Filling
  • 3 -8oz packages cream chesse at room temperatur
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  1. Beat in food processor 5 minutes
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla (or amaretto)
  1. Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.  Beat 30 minutes
  2. Bake 1 hr. at 300 degrees.
  3. Cool 20 minutes
Topping
  • 1 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla (or amaretto)
  1. Blend and pour over cake.
  2. Bake 10 minutes
  3. Cool and run knife along sides of pan to remove cake
  4. Refrigerate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs