Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken Soup

I found this recipe on Pinterest and it definitely has been a winner! Not only is it an easy, one-crock-pot, no other fuss recipe, but it is absolutely delicious.  I will generally put this together at lunch, and then it's ready for dinner! I have not tried it on low for 8 hours yet, but I bet it would be just as delicious.  I have made this 3 times, and it never disappoints.  I even made this when my mother-in-law was in town visiting and I wanted to have dinner ready when I came home from work.  I'm allergic to peanuts, so I use almond butter.  I'm sure it's even tastier with peanut butter.  I also think it would be delicious with 1 can of cut pineapple at the end with the lime.

Also, random tip I picked up somewhere, the easiest way to peel ginger is with the back of a spoon! No more wasting ginger when you use a paring knife or peeler.  The ginger peel slips right off!

Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken Soup
Recipe from FoodieCrushBlog

Ingredients:
  • 2 12 oz cans of light coconut milk
  • 2 tbs. red curry paste
  • 2 tbs. fish sauce
  • 2 tbs. brown sugar
  • 2 tbs. almond butter (or peanut butter)
  • 2 c. chicken broth
  • 1 tbs. ginger, minced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced in 1 inch pieces
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1.5 lb. chicken breast, cut in 1" pieces
  • 1 tbs. lime juice
  • 1 c. frozen peas, defrosted
  • Serve with cooked white rice and cilantro for garnish
Directions:
  1. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, mix together coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, almond butter, and chicken broth.
  2. Add ginger, red pepper, onion, and chicken breast.  Cook on high for 4 hours.
  3. Add frozen peas and cook an additional 30 minutes on warm/low.  Add lime juice.
  4. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Easiest way to peel ginger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs