DK Sushi South

I now work in South Austin and have been trying to explore the eats around I-35 and William Cannon.  That's how I've come to start eating an occasional lunch at the DK Sushi South location.  I have been a fan of DK Sushi since around 4 years ago, but have always frequented the North Lamar location since it's closer to my house.  I even dragged a few of my friends to a karaoke night there years ago, before we all had kids.  It was....quite the spectacle.  DK himself hosts their karaoke nights and there may be naked pictures of women on the lyric screens...Let's just say, it's not something you can do with a 2-year-old.  I think we also witnessed DK get one of his employees, who's birthday it was, really really really drunk.  Sake bombs were involved prior to each song.

Anywho, now that I've been getting into a better groove at work and have some time on Friday if we don't have meetings, I've been using the time to explore nearby eateries.  Since DK sushi was already familiar to me, it seemed like a logical first solo food venture.  The south location, much like the north location, is in a slightly shady shopping strip mall.  The employees are very nice.  Lunch is quiet.  The food is good.  I haven't tried any of the Korean options, but my sashimi lunches and rolls were decent.  The lunch specials come with miso soup. I generally order a hot green tea with lunch.  I order some sashimi (always on the look-out for the specials of the day) and one specialty roll.  That's generally enough to fill me up for lunch and get back to work within an hour.

One of the specials the other day was called the "Pablo Escolar" and so I struck up a convo with the sushi chef and my fellow sushi bar neighbors.  I'm a sucker for a good pun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs