DIY Mezze Platter



A Mediterranean mezze platter is what I call any random plate full of all the yummy dips and falafel and pita that you can get at a mediterranean restaurant. I love making my own hummus, recipe linked, but there is also a delicious hummus made locally in Austin that I like called "Grandma's Hummus" by The Mediterranean Chef. Granddaughter runs the cafe/shop a lot of the times Reid and I eat there and they are a super nice family. I love supporting them and so I buy plenty of the hummus, babaganus eggplant dip (Whole30 compliant!) and sometimes the falafel.

I grab a bag of Stacey's Pita Chips from the grocery store and have an easy lunch or dinner. Some whole grain pita pockets are also a great way to eat any of the mezze platter things. If I'm feeling real fancy, I'll make my own falafel, but otherwise I buy and re-heat The Mediterranean Chefs' falafel.

One of the great things about this quick meal is the low-carb benefit. I struggle with monitoring my carb intake but have been a bit more aware of my diet since having gestational diabetes and Bell's Palsy. Trying to increase mediterranean-style menu and foods are a great and flavorful way to do so. I'll generally also add some slice cucumbers, pickled red onions, or other vegetables to round out the meal but I didn't do so for this lunch meal. The picture was a real-life-on-the-go lunch between my appointments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs