Hummus is a staple snack at hour house. Paired with some Stacy's Pita Chips, the O. G. of the pita chip aisle, or some sliced cucumbers or bell peppers, I love it as an appetizer or snack to have on hand. Sometimes we'll have 'sninners' (snack dinners) and eat hummus and a cheese and meat board or something light like a salad.
My hummus does not have tahini in it, and I know it should, but I don't really care for the taste of tahini and I don't like to keep things in my tiny pantry I wouldn't use for other uses.
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo/chick peas, 1 tbs of canning juices reserved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- sea salt
- juice from 1/2 a lemon, or more depending on taste
- olive oil
- Combine chick peas, garlic and sea salt in food processor and chop.
- Add paprika and lemon juice