Easy Hummus


Hummus is a staple snack at hour house. Paired with some Stacy's Pita Chips, the O. G. of the pita chip aisle, or some sliced cucumbers or bell peppers, I love it as an appetizer or snack to have on hand.  Sometimes we'll have 'sninners' (snack dinners) and eat hummus and a cheese and meat board or something light like a salad.

My hummus does not have tahini in it, and I know it should, but I don't really care for the taste of tahini and I don't like to keep things in my tiny pantry I wouldn't use for other uses.

Quick Hummus
Ingredients:
  • 1 16 oz. can garbanzo/chick peas, 1 tbs of canning juices reserved
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 tsp of smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
  • sea salt
  • juice from 1/2 a lemon, or more depending on taste
  • olive oil
Directions:
  1. Combine chick peas, garlic and sea salt in food processor and chop.
  2. Add paprika and lemon juice





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs