Egg Fried Rice
- 2 c. rice, cooked
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. cha siu (Chinese barbeque pork), sliced or lap cheong (Chinese sausage), sliced on the bias*
- 1/4c. frozen green peas
- 2 tbs chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt**
- optional: 1/2 tsp. garlic chili paste
**I use my Muoi Tieu Hue (smoked salt and pepper)
- In heated wok or pan over medium-low heat, add 1 tsp of oil and pour in egg. Cook until scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and stir-fry cha siu or lap cheong and scallion for about 2 minutes. If using lap cheong, add a tsp of water and allow to steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add rice, soy sauce and salt, breaking up rice into grains and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked egg and serve immediately.