Also, random tip I picked up somewhere, the easiest way to peel ginger is with the back of a spoon! No more wasting ginger when you use a paring knife or peeler. The ginger peel slips right off!
Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken Soup
Recipe from FoodieCrushBlog
- 2 12 oz cans of light coconut milk
- 2 tbs. red curry paste
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbs. ginger, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 lb. chicken breast, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 1 c. frozen peas, defrosted
- Serve with cooked white rice and cilantro for garnish
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, mix together coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, almond butter, and chicken broth.
- Add ginger, red pepper, onion, and chicken breast. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add frozen peas and cook an additional 30 minutes on warm/low. Add lime juice.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.