Banana Muffins

Sometimes, it's hard being a morning person.  Like on weekends.  As much as I try, I have to get up at around 7 or 8am.  Every once in a while, I can go back to sleep after feeding the animals breakfast and letting them out but for those weekend days where I can't get back to sleep, making a big breakfast keeps me busy while Reid sleeps in.

This morning, I made banana muffins and a mango-strawberry-orange-banana smoothie.  This banana bread recipe came from my mom's recipe box.  It had been clipped out of the Houston Chronicle who knows how long ago.  I've tried a few other recipes (usually when I can't find this one), but always come back to this one.  It's the perfect balance of moist, sweet, and banana-y.  This morning I made them in a cupcake pan instead of a bread pan and I think I prefer it this way.  It doesn't seem to dry out as much, because I didn't have to bake them as long.  The bread would always get a little more crispy around the edges before the center was done.  The butter can be substituted with oil, and I think that's how my mom had made them.  The oil makes it moister, but the butter makes it more flavorful.

Banana Bread Muffins

  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened
  • 2 ripe bananas, mushed
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. flour
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325*C.  In a large bowl, beat together baking soda and egg.
  2. Add butter and sugar and whip together.
  3. Stir in bananas, salt, and vanilla.
  4. Slowly add in flour until combined.  Do not over-beat.  Place ~2tbs batter in each cupcake lined muffin tin.
  5. Bake at 325*C for 25-30 minutes.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs