Blueberry Pie Ice Cream

It has been reaching the 100-110*F temperatures here in Austin.  And you know what that means...time for some frozen delights.  Oh, also, we got an awesome Cuisinart ice cream maker for our wedding so I had to bust that thing out.
Take a look at this bad momma jamba.  Pic courtesy of Google  Images

With fourth of July coming up (haha, oops, published this post a little late!), this would be the perfect dessert to bring to a backyard BBQ.  I found the recipe via a Pinterest post about all these different fun ice cream recipes.  http://www.somethingswanky.com/cinnamon-graham-cracker-ice-cream/

The recipe can be found at this blog, which probably has the prettiest background and font ever.  http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2011/06/blueberry-pie-ice-cream-recipe/
I used canned blueberry pie filling, but if you have the time, you can use homemade too.  I thought about it for a while and had a pint of blueberries to make some, but then got lazy.  Since this was the first time I'd made homemade ice cream, I pretty much just followed the recipe exactly, so no point of re-posting the recipe.
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Blueberry Pie Ice Cream!


Oh, and I also made ice cream sandwiches using leftover graham crackers.   Just spoon some ice cream between graham crackers, wrap in foil, and freeze until re-hardened. My favorite way of eating this, because the graham cracker crumbs are kinda subtle in the ice cream alone.

Reid likes the ice cream sammie's too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs