Kale and Poached Eggs
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp. paprika, smoked if you have it
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Bring a large, straight-sided pan to medium-high heat; add olive oil and butter.
- Saute garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add kale and cook until just wilted
- Pour in chicken broth and add salt to taste. Simmer over medium until all but about 1/4 c. of liquid remaining and kale soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add egg and cover pan until eggs cooked, about 2-3 minutes
- Sprinkle paprika over eggs. Enjoy!