Saturday, August 9, 2014

The best chocolate chip cookies ever.

I bake these cookies fairly often, but hadn't posted the recipe here because I just didn't think about something this simple, but my mom told me I should post it because it's such a yummy chocolate chip recipe.  The recipe originally came from my friend, Laura.  I think she got it from a children's cooking recipe book.  I've also made these playing around with adding walnuts or heath bar chunks (which was really tasty!)

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients

  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a medium bowl and mix in both white and brown sugar.
  2. In a separate small bowl, beat together egg and vanilla.  Combine into sugar mixture.
  3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add the butter mixture to flour and stir together.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips (and/or walnuts or heath bar chunks or whatever else delicious things you can add to these cookies)
  6. Bake in 375*F oven for 8-10 minutes
Optional: Make a chocolate ganache (recipe on post from macaroon recipe coming soon!).  Sandwhich the cookies for an extra decadent treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment