The best chocolate chip cookies ever.

I bake these cookies fairly often, but hadn't posted the recipe here because I just didn't think about something this simple, but my mom told me I should post it because it's such a yummy chocolate chip recipe.  The recipe originally came from my friend, Laura.  I think she got it from a children's cooking recipe book.  I've also made these playing around with adding walnuts or heath bar chunks (which was really tasty!)

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients

  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a medium bowl and mix in both white and brown sugar.
  2. In a separate small bowl, beat together egg and vanilla.  Combine into sugar mixture.
  3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add the butter mixture to flour and stir together.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips (and/or walnuts or heath bar chunks or whatever else delicious things you can add to these cookies)
  6. Bake in 375*F oven for 8-10 minutes
Optional: Make a chocolate ganache (recipe on post from macaroon recipe coming soon!).  Sandwhich the cookies for an extra decadent treat!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs