Soda Chanh, Vietnamese Limeade

There have been over 24 days in a row where the temperature has exceeded 100*F here.  I'm like 6 months pregnant? Don't ask me questions, I'm hot and my brain doesn't work.  Anyway, one respite from the heat is soda chanh, or Vietnamese style limeade.  Because, as I was reading in Real Simple magazine whilst waiting the hour for my gestational diabetes test at the doctor's office, nothing is better on a hot day than lemonade limeade.

Soda chanh is probably the drink I'll order out at a Vietnamese restaurant unless I'm enjoying some Vietnamese coffee (Cafe Sua Da) or it's winter and they have fresh warm soy milk.  May need to do a post on cafe sue da later, but since I'm preggos, and it's 105 freaking degrees outside, it's soda chanh time, baby.  Some restaurants don't make it right.  There should be a visible layer of sugar at the bottom.  You use the spoon to mix it all up, and sip it through a straw.  Ahhhhh!

Hubs has a soda stream to drink soda water (he kicked his Coco-cola addiction about 5 years ago, but still needs the bubbles).  That makes this super easy to whip up.  All you need is

  • fresh limes
  • sugar
  • soda water
A 1:1:4 ratio is what I target.  I think that usually ends up being 1 lime, 2-3 tbs sugar, and filling the rest with ice and soda water.

Directions:

  1. Use a tall glass to layer sugar in.  
  2. Add ice, lime juice, and soda water
  3. Mix it all together and sip it down.  Ahhhhhhh




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs