Cold Buster Orange Smoothie

I don't know about you, but allergy and cold and flu season has been kicking my butt. Maybe it's the lack of sleep while waking up so frequently to breastfeed the baby, the Bells Palsy, or just being post-partum, but my immune system just hasn't been working great. 
So this is a great way to quickly get some vitamin C in that's easy to gulp down.   I love the taste of cardamom  and cinnamon and the turmeric adds anti-inflammatory benefits. Raw honey is supposed to help with allergies.  Flax seed adds omega 3.  I have a Blendtec blender so it's super easy to throw everything in (can be prepped night before) and blend in the morning while I'm toting the baby around in the morning.   Then it goes in my shaker cup!

2 c. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 large Fuji apple
2 carrots
2 mandarin oranges
2 tbs ground flax seed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Indian turmeric 
2 tsp ground cardamom 

Directions: combine all ingredients in a blender. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs