Slow Cooker Chex Mix

So, in my previous Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie post, I gushed about how much I love my slow cooker. And it's because of genius things like being able to make Chex Mix in it!

And then you get a house that smells of Chex Mix. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!

As if the microwave method of making homemade chex mix isn't easy enough, you can now make it in your slow cooker. In all honesty, making it in the microwave is way easier but like I said before, you can make your house smell like chex mix!

You can customize this recipe to any version of Chex mix you prefer, but I like the OG recipe that comes right off the back of the boxes of Chex.

I, personally, really like my Chex mix to have only Chex pretty much. I really don't much like the pre-made bagged versions of Chex Mix because it just doesn't taste as good. And I end up picking out all the Chex to eat first anyway. Then I have a sad bag filled with rye chips and pretzels and weird bagel chip things.

Ok, the cheddar bagged Chex Mix is pretty good

Slow Cooker Chex Mix

Ingredients
  • 6 c. various Chex cereal (corn, rice, wheat)
  • 1 c. pretzels
  • 6 tbs. softened butter
  • 2 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (I make my own*)
  • 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder


Directions:
  1. Combine butter, sorcestershire, seasoning salt, garlic powder and onion powder in the ceramic, removable portion of the crock pot and microwave until butter melted, 30 seconds x 2 OR turn slow cooker on low and stir until melted.
  2. Fold in Chex cereal and pretzels
  3. Cook on Low setting for 3 hours or until browned, mixing every 15-30minutes to prevent burning.
  4. Cool in a single layer on parchment paper laid out on the counter.  Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs