4th Annual McCao Crawfish Boil
|Not sure who had more fun: Husband or Dog|
Last weekend we threw our annual crawfish boil. Well, technically not annual since last year was rained out. Luckily the storms paused for the day and we were able to power through over 100 lbs. of crawfish with the help of some of our friends. I didn't take many pictures, but it was a good time. Reid and I joked it was an adjustment going from lazy Saturdays hanging with our cat to partying outside for over 12 hours. We started the boil around 1pm and finished the last of the beer around 1am.
Every year we get a little better about time managment and our boil so this is what we did this year that really helped:
- Had 2 large boilers going. It can take up to 2 hours for one of those huge pots of water to come to a boil so this helps ensure a steady stream of food
- Boiled sausage, potatoes, and corn first to flavor the water and kept them warm in a cooler. Yea, "cooler sausage" sounds a bit shady but I swear that stuff stayed warm up until nightfall
- Had something to offer our non-crawfish eating friends and to help supplement crawfish: this year I made chicken and shrimp jambalaya and kept that in a Crock Pot
- Plenty of tables and chairs and cold drinks
- Mosquito spray and sunscreen
But all in all, it was a good time!