How to Fancy Up Instant Ramen

Sometimes you don't have time to plan dinner and so it's great to have some quick dinners on hand in the pantry.  Like boxed mac 'n cheese or better yet, ramen.  Although probably not the healthiest of choices, it;s quick and fulfilling and with some additions, can be a really great meal.  Here's how I usually fancy up ramen to make it more satisfying and filling.


  1. Start with really good instant ramen.  Try to get one without MSG.  I like this Korean version because the noodles are nice and fat and juicy and it's really spicy and flavorful.  I would advice NOT using the whole spice package-it's really hot! And you can get it at HEB, or at least it's at my HEB.
  2. If you have some leftover chicken broth or vegetable broth, use it in place of water.  Otherwise water works just as well.


  3. Throw some frozen or fresh veggies in along with the noodles while you're boiling them.  I like to use fresh spinach or frozen green peas or frozen corn
  4. Add some protein.  If I have a link of frozen lap suong (Chinese sausage), I'll slice that up and fry it up to add.  Sometimes I'll put leftover chicken or pork in there.  Chinese bbq pork is also delicious.  When I took these pictures, I had some frozen pork belly in the freezer so I used that.
  5. Throw an egg on it! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs