Tyson's Tacos

I made it back to my first Austin Food Blogger Alliance Happy Hour since having John and it was at Tyson's Tacos! One of my favs and I was able to make it because it's just down the street from work and home.  It was such a wonderful experience I thought I'd blog about it, even though I'm mostly just a recipe blogger.

Tyson himself hung out with us and told us his story and the story of Tyson's Tacos.  Tyson and his family had run a restaurant in Mexico, but left when Mexico city was starting to get a little too dangerous.  He opened Tyson's which was a bit of a strange idea coming from Mexico as tacos aren't a restaurant food in Mexico, it's more of a drunken late night street food indulgence.  Another cool thing about Tyson's Tacos is that the menu is customer-driven.  Taco combinations are made after customers who are able to rack up enough of the reward points.  And he won't say no to a weird taco combination, even if he would never have thought about offering a weird cheese-type substance you would've never found in Mexico (apparently nobody appreciated Tyson's legit quest flamed so it was replaced with a more Tex-Mex version).  And if you want Takis on a breakfast taco of eggs, cheddar, bacon, potato they'll do it! I learned about that whilst pregnant with John!

Reid and I used to stop by Tyson's Tacos as a reward for me after our OBG appointments.  And I weirdly craved fake cheese/spicy foods like no other when I was pregnant.  I couldn't get enough hot Cheetos or spicy Funions or Takis! And adding something crunchy on a B is for Bacon was just amazing.

So thank you Tyson's Tacos for hosting an incredible AFBA happy hour.  Everyone needs to check out them and their super creative menu, awesome outdoor patio, dog-friendly neighborhood place.  Oh, and did I tell you that musicians play a tune on their mandolin you get a free taco?!

Oh, and they are now TWENTY-FOUR HOUR!

I love this place!
The Prince Taco
Tex-Mex Style Queso and Prince Tacos, served with their awesome sauces
Their sauces are fiery! Take this stuff seriously
Brisket Taco
Unfortunately, I didn't snag a picture of my favorite taco of the night, the Crispy Duck. I guess I was too busy stuffing it in my mouth!
Pay Tyson's Tacos a visit at
4905 Airport Blvd.
Austin, TX 78751
(512)451-3326
tysonstacos@gmail.com
Tyson's Tacos http://www.tysonstacos.com
so good...ate all the tacos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs