Another food blog?!

I come from a culture where recipes aren't really written down. In Vietnam, girls learn how to cook from watching and helping their mothers, aunts, and grandmothers in the kitchen. Unfortunately, that tradition is hard to maintain when your parents immigrated to the US as war refuges and your grandparents live in France.

But I'm lucky to be able to enjoy food from several different cultures. Vietnamese food we ate at home, American (and also Italian, Tex-Mex, Greek) from eating out and growing up in America, and French food from my grandparents and mother's side of the family who live in Paris.

I wanted to have a place where I can share and keep the recipes I've learned from my mother, family, recipe books, or online recipe sites that I want to remember.  The name of my blog comes from a very special type of Vietnamese salt and pepper called Muoi Tieu Hue.  It's from the central region of Vietnam that my father is from.  It is salt and pepper that is smoked for a very long time until the crystals burst and you get a very fine salt and pepper that almost looks like sand.  It is amazing for stir frys, vietnamese soups, pretty much anything.  My mom's cousin makes the stuff and it is one of the things I cherish in my kitchen.  So I hope you enjoy this culinary journey with me.

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs