Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
I really liked the stuffed acorn squash I'd made in the fall, and thought I'd do a riff on it with bell peppers. More season appropriate. Instead of chorizo, I used Italian sausage. It was really pretty and turned out really yummy. Too bad Reid worked late the night I made them. I got to eat it while watching some "Mindy Project". Reid got leftovers a few nights later and still thought it was good.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 large green bell peppers
1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
1/4 medium onion, chopped
1 c. bulgar wheat, cooked
1/4 c. chopped Italian/flat leaf parsley
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese or Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Over medium high heat, cook onions and Italian sausage in large skillet until no longer pink.
2. In a large bowl, combine sausage and onions, bulgar, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper.
3. Cut the tops of each bell pepper off and remove seeds and membrane.
4. Spoon sausage mixture into each bell pepper. Place in medium pan. Sprinkle a little cheese over each bell pepper.
5. Bake at 350*C until warmed through and cheese melted, about 15-20 ,minutes.