One of my former lacrosse teammates, Lizzy, introduced me to pizza dip. She would bring it to lacrosse parties and get togethers and pretty much any other time we could beg her to bring it. It's amazing! You dip tortilla chips in the dip and it literally tastes like pizza. In your mouth. But on a tortilla chip. We used to have "Fun Food Fridays" on some of our rotations at vet school, which is pretty much an excuse for residents and interns and the doctors to get fed by the 4th year students. Anyway, I brought this 1 or 2 times and it was a hit. I also brought this to work once when we had a pot luck day. It's super easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser! Great game day food, too. I altered Lizzy's recipe a little by adding oregano and dried basil to the cream cheese base.
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 c. tomato sauce
- 1&1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- about 8 large pepperoni slices, cut into bite sized pieces
- bag of tortilla chips
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a heat safe pan. Lizzy used to use a pie pan to make it look like pizza, but sometimes I microwave the dip and like to put into a glass dish.
- Mix in the oregano and basil.
- Layer the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 375*C for 10-15 minutes or until cheese melted. Alternatively, you can microwave for about 5 minutes but it doesn't stay hot as long.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips!
|spreading the cream cheese is much harder if you forget to soften the cream cheese...|
|Before baking. Oops! forgot a melted dip picture!|