Tequila Lime Skirt Steak

Ok, I've been really slacking on my posts lately, so I'm about to unload so many. Hope you're prepared.

I found the inspirations for this recipe on Pinterest at http://cookingbride.com/main-courses/tequila-lime-skirt-steak/.  I googled Tequila Lime Steak and also found a Food Network recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grilled-tequila-garlic-lime-flank-steak-recipe/index.html and kind of took from either one what I liked.  The result was a really delicious, flavorful, tender steak that both I and Reid really liked.  It was very easy to put together.  Plus, it uses skirt steak, which is super cheap! I served it with some roasted corn on the cob and potato salad I had made earlier in the week.

Tequila Lime Steak
Ingredients:
  • 1&1/2 lbs. skirt steak
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1/4 cup tequilla
  • 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 c. squeezed lime juice (2-3 limes)
  • 1 tbs. soy sauce
  • 1 tbs. brown sugar
  • 1 pepper (Guy Fieri's recipe says jalapeno and serrano, I just used the peppers I have growing in my garden), seeded and diced
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • flour or corn tortillas
  • any desired additional toppings (I used Greek yogurt and shredded chedder cheese, it would be excellent with some cilantro, queso fresco, avocados , but I didn't have any on hand.)
Directions:
  1. Combine garlic, tequila, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, peppers, and black pepper into a resealable plastic bag.  Add skirt steak.
  2. Seal the bag and toss to coat.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is even better.  Remove from refrigerator and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  3. Prepare grill on medium high heat.
  4. Place steak on grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 120 degrees.
  5. Warm tortillas on grill while steak cooks.
  6. Remove steak and allow to rest for 15 minutes.  Cut in thin slices against the grain.
  7. Serve with lime wedges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copy Cat Kerbey Queso

Banh Bot Chien, Vietnamese Fried Rice Flour Cake with Eggs