Chicken and Pesto Gemelli
Sometimes you have so much basil growing in your herb garden that you make tubs and tubs of pesto. And then you freeze some of that pesto. And then you get home from work 2 hours late and your stomach is screaming and you make this dish with chicken you have in the freezer, that bag of dry pasta from Costco, more grated Parmesan cheese and frozen peas.
Chicken and Pesto Gemilli
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 lb Gemilli pasta
- 2 cups pesto, can sub store bought
- 1/2 c frozen peas
- Grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to directions in salted water. Drain and set aside, reserving about 1/4 c. pasta water
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil to bottom of pot. Add chicken and cook through over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Add pesto, frozen peas, and pasta back to pot. Adjust consistency of sauce if needed with reserved pasta water. Add parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy or shovel in your mouth while watching Netflix.